Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2015

Affirm Yourself: The Power of Your Mind

Affirmation:the assertion that something exists or is true

website


Have you ever used positive affirmations?  Affirmations can be used to brighten a bad mood, deepen meditation, create an outcome in your life, and completely change your life.  I know what you are thinking...."how can saying a few words change my life?"  It is all the power of the mind!!!  The mind is a beautifully, powerfully, mysterious thing.  I don't know the psychology (the why's and how's) of why affirmations work, but I know they do.  Need proof?  Here's a story....




When it came to school, I was a good kid.  I got good grades, never got into trouble, and had excellent attendance.  But, like all kids, I sometimes (not often) wanted to play hooky.  I've always had an issue with guilt.  Even when truly sick, I feel guilty about missing school or work.  So, I would have to pysch myself up to fake being sick.  The night before, I would repeat to myself "I have a headache.  I'll tell Mom I don't feel good.  I don't feel good because I have a headache."  My alarm would go off in the morning aaannnddd...I have a headache.  A real, true, full-blown headache.  WTF!!!  I didn't actually want to have a headache, but my words convinced my mind.

website
So, I know that isn't exactly an example of a positive affirmation, but you get the idea.  The mind is powerful!!!  Now just think, if the mind can create a headache with just a few repititions of this "affirmation", imagine what your mind can create if your create a daily (or twice daily) habit of stating your positive affirmations.  WOW!!!  I like to read my affirmations in the morning, to start my day off right, and before bed, to relax and let them sink in while sleeping.
Add caption


How do you create an affirmation??  It's simple.  You create a statement in present tense regarding whatever you want to manifest or create in your life.  It can be ANYTHING!!  You can have 1 affirmation or 100.  Get creative!  Work sucks?  "I have an amazing job that utilizes my talents and fulfills me."  Anxiety prone? "I handle stress with clarity and ease."  Money issues? "I manage my money well; I can afford all that I need."  See.....easy!!!




Affirmations have become so popular (because they work!) that many fitness instructors and coaches have added them to their workouts.  Nichole Kellerman Wurth of Wildly Alive Weight Loss uses affirmations in her workouts.  Check out a workout here and try out the affirmations.  Or join me in the FREE upcoming challenge  (starts 6-1-15) and learn more about her workout affirmations.  Erin Stutland of Shrink Session Workout uses them in her Soul Strolls and workouts.  You can download a free mini Soul Stroll full of amazing affirmations here.  You can also join me in her FREE upcoming challenge (also starts 6-1-15) at the same link.
Add caption
Are you ready to change your life????  Start affirming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment